Recent Posts

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Here We Go!

The day I have been looking forward to this entire year has almost arrived. Tomorrow Erin and I will meet at the airport, board the plane and our adventure will begin. I can't wait for the moment when the plane begins to take off and everything will be out of my control. That may sound strange, since that's the moment that often makes people the most nervous, but for me, I know I will feel such relief that all of the packing and planning and preparation is as done as it is going to be and all I need to do is relax and look out the window as the world becomes smaller and smaller below us.
The past week has been an absolute whirlwind of getting ready and seeing friends and family before I leave. I know it's silly to be sad since I'm only going to be gone for four months, but it's hard to put that in perspective right now. Knowing that I am hours away from beginning one of the most exciting experiences of my life makes it easier to leave though, and I really do trust that everything will go well. Thank you to all of the friends that have made this summer, and especially this past week so great, and for all of the well-wishes and prayers that have been sent my way as I begin my travels.

0 comments:

Post a Comment